Re: Yanafal

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 05:54:59 +0100

Keith sez:

> Since Yanafal was an exiled Carmanian nobleman I assume he had fallen
> out wih his family for some reason. Here is the story in my game:-

Nice story. My own version (not "official") is with the cult writeup in Tales #17, and details from this could certainly be blended with it for "chrome". I had Yanafal's father as the Bull Shah's brother and Satrap of Yuthuppa, who was horribly mutilated and executed on trumped-up treason charges; his son fled the Empire, disinherited, to avoid the same fate. This means Yanafal wasn't the "rightful heir to Carmania" (IMV), but does come up smelling of roses compared to the rest of them. (He's also closely related to the Shah and the highest nobility, as in your version).

I *like* "Tavarnils" -- I don't know what it means, but I like it! (Always knew that apostrophe would come in handy one of these days).

Nick
:::: web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke>