Re: Humakt

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_eagle.danet.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 18:17:30 -0400

> From: "Paul Bestwick" <zopab1_at_nottscc.gov.uk>
> Subject: Humakt
>
> Given the relationship of Humakt with Orlanth in Godtime, do you think I am
> being unreasonable to my players if I cause them to renounce their Orlanth
> initiatship on joining the cult of Humakt.

Given the number of joint Orlanth and Humakt priests from the Chaosium House Campaign (see the Temple of the Wooden Sword stories if WF and some TotRM issues), a bit. Kin Severing is usually done after a more complete commitment to Humakt. Swords should sever, if they haven't done it already, though.

Don't forget, after Severing, your Humakti is no relation to his family, at all. Normally, joining Humakt just reduces one to distant cousin status.

> Also I think their probably ought to be an executioners sub-cult of Humakt
> in the developed nation-states (Satar?). I see it as emphasising the Death
> over the truth aspect ?

Given that they kill only after a court finds they defendant guilty of major crimes (secret murder, poisoning, being Chaotic, etc.) I would say that there is still a strong Truth aspect there. No Merciful trait, but still support for Truth (ie, Just trait).