RE: HW = Homework?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 23:32:00 +0100 (BST)

Loren Miller gets all flustered:
> However, I've gotta say that your description of what you do for MGF
> tournaments would put me into a tizzy. What can the average hoplite do? I
> have no idea what I, me, Loren Miller, can do that is better or worse than
> the average hoplite.

While I'm not sure I agree with MOB's objection to 100-word method, I'm far less convinced by this one! How is this any worse than designing a _point form_, never mind a description-based HW character. Isn't that rather on the lines of "write down that you're a (Hoplite| Sword of Humakt|Naff Retconned name of Urox cultists), and four things that you can do better than the average Hoplite (etc)"?

Unless I'm missing some hidden complexity or gotcha to either method, both of which seems nice and simple and painless to me.

Slainte,
Alex.