Rathori.

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 18:53:06 EDT

IMG Rahtori are more advanced in terms of organised warfare than other Hsunchen (which isn't difficult. I have them as mercenaries during the Blood King's War; Orlik Bearface might have been one, Harrek was one. ) Being relatively friendly with the Aldyami I would have those clever vegetables organising them in the first place and sending them to fight foes of the forest, later these foes started fighting each other and called on those Bear People with their longbows. Elven archers would have explained that longbows are best used en masse (see archery discussion) and the primitive but not stupid Rathori would have picked up on this.

In summary - at home, disorganised small little groups, as mercenaries in unreasonably large groups of organised longbowmen. Closest Earth Analog I can think of is the Ghurkas. (I also just thought of Paddington Bear, a Rathori a long way from home)

This whole debate is getting un-bear-able

Keith Nellist