Off with his Head!

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 18:53:03 EDT

Paul Bestwick asks about;

<< relationship of Humakt with Orlanth in Godtime, >>

I now think that Humakti INITIATES should sever their ties to all other gods. I do think there is probably a high lay member to initiate ratio for the cult of Humakt. What I am interested in is what Huamkt needed to do to sever those ties with Orlanth. I would see it as a major part of the initiation ceremony - -"Do you turn away form your kin and embrace the way of Truth and Death?" but think it should involve some sort of struggle, both Mythologically on Humakt's part and then again for the Initiate (the same struggle). I still haven't come up with any reasonable ideas for the actual details of the struggle.

On executioners; although I personally wouldn't describe Sartar as an organised nation state but if I were a clan chieftan or tribal king it would seem sensible to have some morbid death nut ready to do your dirty work. Although it may seem to contradict some of the Code of Humakt stuff (honour th fallen?) I say you can honour someone while you chop their head off.. if you think death is honourable you can. So I would not have a subcult of executioners myself, (funny cult for a PC anyway) but would have Humakti executioners. I haven't decided whether they would use Crucifixion or not (Death Runeification?). Is it blasphemy or holy?

Keith Nellist