thunderstone

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 02:57:25 +0300 (EDT)

> A simple and short question. How big is a thunderstone? In a recent
> posting Jeff seemed to suggest that they fit in a sling. I believe that
> they are thrown by hand and are much bigger, perhaps thrown discus like.

The original description (that I saw) I think went something like (an enchanted piece of flint)

I was actually thinkin whether it's big enough to be shot with a sling. Actually I think the thunderstone magic predates slings by a great deal, but there is some obvious connection to slings. A thunderstone ( a piece of flint, holding a small portion of Orlanths (Umaths?) thunder) can crack somebodys head open... in these later days one can also use a sling (especially if one is not a skald)

        -Adept

"thinker, dreamer and adventurer"