female warriors types (RW and G)

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 02:02:43 +0300 (EDT)

> Basically, I have come to think that Vinga is a non-problem. Orlanthi
> sex roles are radically different to RW realities. They must be, because
> the symbols of power are distributed in 'unrealistic' patterns among the
> sexes.
>
> Vingan women can be warriors and hold Storm powers because they are
> unlike RW women (unless they are Margaret Thatcher).

Lest we forget. The consept of the human male being the worrior, and overally the physical gender is very much the product of our society, not biology and physical capability. I have no trouble remembering this because I train at the dojo a couple of times a week... some of the girls are _a lot_ shorter than me (me being a 185 cm tall male) and most are at least a bit shorter. They tend to be nimbler and faster than me, tough, and easily pack enough punch to floor me with one kick. Luckily it's just practise, because a trained human, regardless of gender has enough horse power to seriously hurt another human.
  If you lad's out there are doubtful of this, read some material of the female shinobi (Ninja, for you non japaniese literates), or go talk to some female wing chun, or Ju-jutsu student)

        -Adept

"thinker, dreamer and adventurer"