Re: Red Moon & Planet

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 10:05:38 +0100 (BST)

Trotsky, Roland et al wonder how high the Red Moon is above the horizon.

One theory is that inside the Glowline, it's always on the circle where the Upper Sky meets the Middle Sky (72 degrees "declension"), whereas outside, it's always on the circle where the Middle Sky meets the Lower (27 deg.).

> Somebody asked Greg a question similar to this at Convulsion 96. His
> response was that the mostali would be capable of building a flying machine or
> similar device that could land a dwarf on one of the planets.

And of course, let's not forget at this year's Con, where he nigh-  the mostali darkness-metal dirigible[*] explanation of Zenith.

Slainte,
Alex.

[*] Lead Zeppelin (Sorry, I forget who the original Perp on this one was. He'll get 30 years on (the Sky River) Titan for it, mark my words!