Western Script second try

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 98 22:16 MET DST

Western Script: this time in classical font, and non-invisible ink:

Nick Brooke in reply to Alex's statement re: ideogram use of Runes:

> IMO, the GLs use Runes amid their texts the same way we do, or the
> same way Astrologers and Alchemists would use their weird symbols.
> Doesn't make the Western script ideo-anything. I'm still a Latinist,
> me.

While I agree about the use of runes in writing (I recall to have seen an Anglo-Saxon riddle from the time of Alfred the Great using Futhark characters in a similar way amid Latin latters), I personally lean more to the alphabetic script of the Arabs or Hebrews. A couple of similar, but different deities have certain consonant combinations in common, but not (all) the vowels.

My favourite example:

(Y/H)LM(L) for sun deities. Insert various vowels for: Yelm
Yelmalio
Elmal
Halamalao
Ehilm

This reminds me strongly of YHV
Yahve
Yehova

Anyway, IMO one reason why the GLs managed to equate the various sun deities with each other so easily was that they were written almost exactly the same, minus a few wiggles or dots for vowels.