Re: Tarsh Kingdom

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 17:58:27 EDT

Tadaaki, replying to Wesley Quadros:

<< > You have also got
> Uralda - the cow goddess.
> Bisos - the Lunar Bull god (actually Carmanian)
> Doburdun - the Lunar Storm god

  Are Bisos and Doburdun worshiped?>>

    I'm not convinced about Bisos, personally. I don't think the Carmanians have had that much influence on Tarsh. Doburdun is more likely, but not that much.

 <<If so, can some of following cults be also introduced in Tarsh?

  Idvanus, ViTuros or Turos, Oria, Erissa, Entekos, Jajagapa, Yelm,   Dendara, Lodril, etc. ? >>

      I don't see Idovanus as being too popular in Tarsh, except amongst Carmanian exiles or the like, since I think he'd be too similar to the Invisible God for their theist tastes. Erissa is effectively the same as Chalana Arroy, and I see no reason the latter would not be retained instead. Lodril is out, because the Lodrili style of farming doesn't work in Tarsh, and his role is taken by Barntar instead. Oria is closely associated with Lodril, and besides doesn't do much that Ernalda can't do just as well, IMO. Entekos is too similar to Molanni for both deities to be present, IMO.

      Yelm and Dendara are primarily gods of the Dara Happan nobility who are absent in Tarsh, but OTOH are known among the Sun Domers of Sartar and Prax and so are probably present in small numbers in Tarsh too, especially where Yelmalio worship is common.

    I can't really see why ViTuros would be worshipped, but if Bisos is, it isn't entirely unreasonable. Jajagappa might have been imported to Tarsh by the Lunars, as he's known in Saird.

    There may also be some Buserian followers among the more sophisticated Lunarised Tarshites, and Shargash might be possible for those who feel they don't have enough mindless violence in their life now that Storm Bull has been banned. I suppose Oslira might be worshipped in some form, although the river is somewhat different this close to its source, so she might not be too similar to the Dara Happan version.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky