Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #270

From: Simon Phipp <simon.phipp_at_walshwestern.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 13:53:26 +0000

Alex Ferguson:
> Kevin Rose informs us:
> > I once worked up a replacement for the rather boring Duke Raus. I
> > used a Carmanian house that had won a dart war, in a fairly
> > spectaularly violent fashion, and had been invited to relocate to
> > beutiful scenic Prax.
>
> If you're in a Dart Competition, and it ends with your exile to
> Prax, then much as I hate to break it to you, I think you actually
> lost. ;-)

Not at all, they merely decided to capitalise on their Glorious Victory and move their Household to the paradise that is Prax. This is not a defeat, it is a *Victory*, honest.

Peter Metcalfe:
> Basmoli Lions Ralios, Prax and Pamaltela.
> Damali Brown Deer Ralios
> Galanini Horses Ralios*
> Jaskali Dinosaurs Slon
> [Kvitti] Elephants Ralios
> Pralori Red Deer** Maniria
> Rathori Bear Fronela
> Sofali Turtle Teshnos and Tortugax Isles.
> Uncolings Reindeer Fronela

In addition:

Telmori          Wolves           Fronela/Central Genertela
Mraloti          Boars            Southern Genertela
<?>              Dragons          Kralorela
Sofali           Turtles          Can't Remember

Mikko Rintasaari:
> As a side note, the "advanced" romans also learned the use of soap
> from
> the Celts, and the original, beautifully curving, form of the
> Gladius is also taken from Celtic swords.
> Btw... these things come to a nice analogue with Orlanthi
> "barbarians"
> and the "civiliced" Dara Happans. We do know that old old Orlanthi
> myths talk about chainmail... don't know about soap, though :)

"Never Bathe" is circumvented by the use of a scraper, presumably the original Dara Happan method which was made obselete by the new invention of soap, allowing the Yelmalions to claim they were going back to the fundamentals.

See Ya

Simon