How Big is a Thunderstone?

From: mob <mob_at_bayswater.schnet.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:11:58 +0500

G'day all,

How Big is a Thunderstone?

Simon Bray asked:
> A simple and short question. How big is a thunderstone? In a recent posting
>Jeff seemed to suggest that they fit in a sling. I believe that they are
>thrown by hand and are much bigger, perhaps thrown discus like.

It says in GoG that they're thrown by hand, but I like the idea they can be slung too. In the scenario I wrote for "Strangers in Prax" someone lobs a thunderstone. I imagined it looks something like a hand grenade - no, more like those bombs with fizzing wicks that anarchists used at the turn of the century.

The idea of massed Orlanthi thunderstone slingers is way cool. They'd be up there on the hill above the battlefield, next to the pipers!

Cheers,

MOB