Mystic Cults

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:24:48 EDT

Peter Metcalfe

<< whole stack of mystical cults. To wit, they  are: Aronius Jaranthir, Dayzatar, Idovanus, Jernotio, Katalyo, Rashorana,  Tareltara, Zaytenera. None of them need the crutch of being approachable  within a more understandable diety. Hence I feel it is weak to suggest  that Doburdon must need one. >>

If Rashorana, Zaytenara are not mystical branches of Rufelza, and Lunar Religion in generla I would be surprised. I do not think there are 'cults' of Katalyo, or Tareltara - these are just concepts which I would think would be reached by going through the masks of conventional worship. Jernotio clearly has the support of the Jernotian Ring and is now also seen as an avatar of Rashorana, therefore part of Lunar Religion. Aronius Jaranthir is a bit spurious, he has devotional worship as a perfect Carmanian (which is a 'very new practice' in the Lunar Empire) and also Sacrificial worship, presumably as an ancestor of two heroic dynasties. Dayzatar has Buserian and the whole of Dara Happan Imperial Religion. Idovanus is part of the Jernotian Ring, (as God of Order), later revealed to be the Highest God of Good, and then Creator. His cult (the Magi) controls magic use/worship of all other gods in Carmania. Hence I feel it is weak to suggest that Doburdon does not need one.

Keith Nellist