Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #287

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 17:13:59 -0400 (EDT)

I ran an "Invisible Orlanthi" PC in a campaign a few years back. Here is what the GM and I cooked up:

"Invisible Orlanth" is a Malkioni heresy based on Invisible God worship. It claims that Orlanth is the "Invisible God Manifest", making explicit connection between "wind" and "spirit"--aka a "pneumatic" cult, so to speak. It combined heavy use of Sorcery with Air-related divine magic associated with Orlanth.

This was before we had come across stuff on Petersenian "Saints".

Its doctrine was that Orlanth was how the Invisible God chose to manifest among barbarians--so they would have some chance of being able to understant him in their primitive, simple way. Now it was time to reveal the truth to the world.

Chaos was still evil, since chaos opposes existence, and Invisible Orlanth champions existence. Arkat, of course, was a "hero gone wrong", but his fight against Gbaji of the Solars was considered to be the greatest and most important struggle of the First Age.