Death of the Dundealos tribe

From: andrew.moreton_at_virgin.net
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 22:56:47 -0700

I have been working out what happaned during the destruction of the Dundealos tribe for use in my campaign and I thought I would post some of what I had worked out for comment.

        I have the Dundealos split into three loose faction's, an urbanized faction near Svenstown who are pro-lunar and who will form the core os the new Enstalos tribe. The storm traditionalist's who are near to the Old wind temple and take their gaurdianship seriously these clans are Urox and Orlanth follower's. The remainder of the tribe are living on the edge of the Praxian plains and are Elmal cultists who ride horses and are semi-momadic.

        The trouble began when the daughter of the chief of the Dundealos tribe began playing around with the edge's of the lunar religion and flirting with the Local Lunar Tax collector. All was well until the Tax collector responded a little too enthusiastically to her advances and raped her. When she was brought home her Father was told what happenned and rushed out falling on the tax collector with his personnel gaurd and killing the tax collector. Returning home he discovers his daughter has committed suicide in shame.

        His heart burning with rage and hate the Cheif goes to the shrine to Humakt and swears terrible oaths of vengeance . The next morning he speaks to his tribesmen calling on them to follow him most of the traditionalists and Elmalian's follow him and the tribes warriors march of to Svenstown to kill the lunar garrison, while the remaining warriors escort the women , children and the infirm to their kin amongst the Pol-Joni. Amongst the traditionalists many families flee over the mountains to Volsaxiland.

        As the Tribesman attack Svenstown thet are attacked by the Lunar garrison reinforced by troops for the forthcoming attack on Volsaxiland and annihlated in a fierce battle. Meanwhile Lunar Light Cavalry (Irregular Border scouts, and Char-Un stiffened by some of the Dunstop Lancers) attack the fleeing refugee column where hopefully they will be stopped by my pc's.

        I hope people find this version of events interesting.

Andrew