"Worshipping" Molanni.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 03:58:07 +0100 (BST)

Jeff Richard has a good "Good Orlanthi" reflex:
> NO NO NO. Molanni is definitely not worshipped!!! Molanni bad bad bad!

Yeppers, though I think the relationship may be _somewhat_ more ambivalent in the more touchy-feely Lunarised areas. ("Don't confront your Enemy, embrace her!" "*muttermutter* embrace her with this [deleted] great spear, *muttermutter*") A minority attitude at best, granted. But I think Molanni is "worshipped" in Tarsh, as well as in Sartar. If you suffer drought, the easy option to solving it is to propitiate Molanni, and the problem is gone. (Like Danes after you give them silver.) Problem is it'll be back later, and worser...

Also, if you're a Ruthless Bastard, Molanni can be sacrificed to, to really screw up your enemies. Very handy if the Provincial Governor will have a Quiet Word with you if you attack them too overtly, especially if it provokes _them_ into attacking you.

> Worshipping her is as popular as worshipping Malia.

Not an entirely unfair comparison. Probably a tad more numerically "popular", but not likely to win you many Citizen of the Years awards.

> Yelm is despised by the Tarshites and is viewed as the Evil Emperor.

BTW, what's the current Truth of the suggestion that Harvar the Great (listen, some of his goons are just next door -- it's the Emphasised Epiphet, believe me!) wants to become a Yelm initiate?

Slainte,
Alex.