The Size of Thunderstones.

From: SimonBray_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 05:33:09 EDT

Hi All,

 I ask a little question and get a lot of answers.

 I now beleive that the size of the Thunderstone depends on the size of the piece of flint chosen to make it. The magic remains the same. However I think that the piece of flint used must be 'natural/as found', chipping up big flints to make small ones releases the thunder spirit inside, thats what the sparks are during the chipping process. Small natural pieces of flint may be slung in a sling or sling staff. Bigger ones are lobbed in a shot put manner, or wrapped with a leather thong and swung in a throwing hammer manner, really big ones are hefted and dropped on people or tossed caber like at opponents. The latter form of use is ritualistic, representing Hedkoranth and Orlanth's uses of 'Great Weighty'.

 I now have a vision of Hedkoranth and Thunder Brothers from all the tribes travelling to meet and display their prowess at lobbing thunderstones. These events are set high in the mountains and have become known locally as the 'Highland Games'.

Cheers Simon