loony

From: Steve Lieb <styopa_at_iname.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 08:27:15 -0500

>I don't believe that the RM is even lower in the sky to Pamaltelans, I don't
>think it obeys laws of parallax. I am interested, however, in how it appears
>as one crosses the glowline - does it just flick up to a higher position,
>does it slide up over the course of a number of kilometers, or is there some
>inscrutable special effect that obscures the process?
I think first it's evident 6 days out of 7 when you've crossed the glowline - - the moon immediately is full. On the full moon day, I don't think it's totally evident when you've crossed it.
Otherwise I think it does behave simply as a "ball in the sky" in re parallax. I also think it's viewable from anywhere in Glorantha, given an unobstructed view. The world's flat - there's no horizon, in THAT sense. In the day it looks like our moon during the day, but reddish. At night it's a lovely/horrible red glow, depending on your pov.