Sylangi pro lunar ? Why?

From: Steve Rennell <software_at_spis.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:59:50 +1300

David Cake wrote:

> Well, the Sylangi were granted the lands of the Kultain by the
> Lunars, so they are pretty pro-Lunar.

As I understood it from reading KoS, the Sylangi were forceably assimilated into the Sartarite kingdom, and a good proportion (about 2/3 in my game) of the Kultain tribal clans were now clans of the Sylangi. I interpret this as happening because the Lunars were trying to split the Sylangi away from the Volsaxi (divide and conquer), and stop the sartarites beating up on them as much (IMG inter-tribal conflict is more the rule than intra-tribal conflict) by making a good proportion of their tribe unquestionably Sartarite. I expect there was something the Kultain did to piss off the Lunars, or possibly they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time for lunar strategic policy.

Now the clans that were Kultain, and are now Sylangi, probably weren't thrown off their lands or anything, they just had a new tribe to belong to. Most people continued farming the land they used to. Why would the Sylangi be particularly beholden to the Lunars for this? IMG there are people who are trying to do well in the new order, and people who very much resent the imposition of a new order (Especially the ex-Kultain clans), but the tribe as a (fragmented) whole is just trying to get by.

Have I missed something ?

Steve Rennell