hear hear

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:31:50 +0300 (EDT)

Simon says:

> I now beleive that the size of the Thunderstone depends on the size of the
> piece of flint chosen to make it. The magic remains the same. However I think
> that the piece of flint used must be 'natural/as found', chipping up big
> flints to make small ones releases the thunder spirit inside, thats what the
> sparks are during the chipping process.

Very elegantly put... I wish I had tought of that (tough there hasn't yet been a single thunderstone seen in the campaign... after eight years)

I also started to wonder if one can find flint after a thunderstorm... perhaps where lightning has struck a rock. Sounds very orlanthi to me.

  ---

Steve Lieb on a loony subject.

> ...Otherwise I think it does behave simply as a "ball in the sky" in re
> parallax. I also think it's viewable from anywhere in Glorantha, given an
> unobstructed view. The world's flat - there's no horizon, in THAT sense.
> In the day it looks like our moon during the day, but reddish. At night
> it's a lovely/horrible red glow, depending on your pov.

Testify brother! No really... I have always wondered why people are so eager to have a curving, or pseudo curving horizon on Glorantha. Isn't it much more interesting (and more logical too) that there isn't a horizon on this flat world of ours. The effects of this are not really so evident on the ground level... things still get obstructed by other things, an in the distanse the body of Orlanth gets in the way and all you see is a blue haze. The interesting differenses start when one climbs a mountain in and looks about... I like it.

ok... enough, for now.

        -Adept

"thinker, dreamer and adventurer"