Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #290

From: Roland Volz <roland_volz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:21:59 PDT

On 21-Oct-98, Alex Ferguson kindly responded to my request:
>To what degree are they "rogues"?

I was using the term as a synonym with "adventurer," or "thief." They are for the most part traditional adventurers with traditional values and a slight self-esteem problem (after all of the tough opponents they have faced.)

>Where are they planning on going, though?

They are returning to Sartar through Tarsh (and I got many good ideas for this from the list over the last week, too.)

>If you want to underline this point, you might introduce one or two
>"You're set up some by some bandits. You kill 'em all." type
>"encounters".

I like this idea.

>I'd suggest trying to drag them in to _clan_ politics.

I am hoping to get this to work, but I am a little daunted with trying to maintain the high-quality Glorantha setting. Most of my GMing deals with at most a minor level of politics, even the epic stuff. Time to flex some mental muscle.

>The tricky part to rationalise is going to be how the Scary Uz,
>Weirdo 'newt and Nasty Meldek will fit it...

Intersting story that last one. The party ran into the recently-teleported sorceror being interrogated by a Lunar file. They calmly approached, smiled at the leader, said a few words, and *massacred* the lot of them. I mean, they cut out the Lunar's tongues when they prayed to their gods, gutted them and stomped on the bodies while they were still warm. Then they were surprised later when the Lunar Provincial government began a massive manhunt. They were more surprised when their clan-leader yelled at them for it!

Hail Harshax!

Roland