Re: Sartar politics etc

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 18:30:13 +0100 (BST)

David Cake reveals:
> All I really know about the Locaem is that they are obsessed with spears.

Fnarr, fnarr. ;-)

[tribes participating in the Fool Moon Year celebrations.]
> >Maybe the Balmyr and the Malani, at least in part? And _maybe_ the
> >Colymar? (!?!)

> Well, my players are Balmyr, and from a fairly anti-Lunar clan.

All the more fun to have some other Balmyr clans (or the king, if you want to really annoy them) go Full Moon on 'em.

> The version of the Balmyr I have are very anti-rebellion and pro-prosperity,
> but are still Orlanthi. They are not as pro-Lunar as the Sylangi etc.

I think in Sartar, "pro-Lunar" is normally to be understood as "Lunar-accepting". Extreme cases aside, they co-operate with the Lunars because not doing so would screw them up economically (or militarily). Moderately pro-Lunar may in many cases may simply mean "killed off all our anti-Lunar leaders, so I guess we're not about to rebel, just yet".

> The Colymar is an interesting one. I can imagine Blackmoor doing
> it, but I can't imagine the bulk of the Colymar going along with it.

Exactly.

> The Malani is another good thought, but again I don't see them as
> quite that pro-Lunar. Maybe a few clans do.

Then again, if Blackmoor has a Pro-Lunar Party, the Malani King might feel compelled to "keep up with the Joneses"? By interpretation is that the Malani is about proportionately as Pro-Lunar as they are Anti-Colymar -- while the Lunars are giving them the chance to shaft the Colymar, make hay while the sun shines... If the Colymar are seen to be "more pro-Lunar than thou", it might make the Malani _very_ nervous about their position.

Slainte,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #292