Glowline:

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:50:58 EDT

The debate on where the moon appears to be made me wonder about the shape of the glowline. Presumably it is more of a wall (2D) than a line (1D) enclosing a volume not an area. If so I also presume that it does not go straight up perpendicular to the ground, but either curves like a big red bubble around the Moon or hangs like a tent or big top from the moon and is 'pinned' to the ground along the glowline. If I could draw a diagram I would. The second option makes more sense to me bearing in mind the non regular shape and irregularity of the glow line and also the fact that a Temple of the Reaching Moon failure somewhere along the line results in failure for the whole line
(if I remember correctly). So the Temples of the Reaching Moon are like tent
pegs for the Lunar Glow. Imagine Lunar Magicians hauling invisible red ropes to drag the edge of the 'tent' to a new temple of the Reaching Moon
(explaining why Yara Aranis has six arms). Perhaps Lunar Heroes can surf down
this canopy?

Incidently, I used to assume that the Glowline existed so that the peculiar effects of being close to the moon and looking up at it could be explained. (a citizen in glamour could always look up and see the 'blackside' of the moon; he would never see the Full Moon unless there was some fiddle, er, magical effect , like the glowline.

Keith Nellist