HTML editors

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 00:28:14 +0100

OK, so it's off-topic, but the Digest is quiet. And I promise not to fill it with actual HTML, even about hedgehogs!

>>I downloaded an add-on to Word ages ago that was an html editor
> Bewarned! This is a God-learner artefact! All who touch it become
> walktapi!!!

I'd better check for tentacles, then. I've been using that.... oops! That decides it, I'll have to go to Germany next year!

>So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good HTML editor
Notepad. Or Textpad.
If you really want a WYSIWYG thing, the one that comes free with Netscape isn't bad. Like most of these things, though, you'll want to go back to Notepad to unpick all the bad style it puts in. Just don't touch Front Page with a barge pole!