Re: Humakt

From: Andrew Raphael <raphael_at_research.canon.com.au>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 18:52:42 +1100 (EST)

"Paul Bestwick" <zopab1_at_nottscc.gov.uk> writes:

>Also I think their probably ought to be an executioners sub-cult of Humakt
>in the developed nation-states (Satar?). I see it as emphasising the Death
>over the truth aspect ?

You want Maran Gor for that. There's an inactive Maran Gor sacred executioner in "Strangers In Prax". She's a member of the Tarsh Gang.

Note that in a trial by combat for say, secret murder, the defendant will be fighting the chieftain's champion, who's likely a Humakti anyway. But that's not an execution. That's a trial.