Re: craft god; Jrustela

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 23:37:09 -0800

Mikael Raaterova wondered

> Does Gustbran double as both Smith in particular and Crafter in general? Or
> do the orlanthings have (a) specific Crafter God [-s]?

So far as I know, he serves double duty. It does seem a bit odd, given the number of obscure deities out there (e.g. I suspect there are more crafters than men who wish to give birth). I suspect there may well be deities for specific crafts (Ernalda's regalia is the loom, but one of her handmaids is probably the Goddess of Weaving).

Does anyone know when Jrustela was colonized (the approximate year, I know it was First Age)?

Why where there 13 colonies -- are these simply different cities sprinkled around the (then larger) island?