Duck weapons

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:24:02 -0000

So there we were generating duck PCs, and I was asked what weapons they use. Short sword, as we know. 2H short spear, I expect. And one of the players asked why they didn't use halberds. I pointed him at the STR requirements: "OK, a *small* halberd?". Like the English bill. As used to disembowel the horses of French knights.

So there now exists the Duck Bill. Take an ordinary short spear. Shorten it a bit more, for ducks. Now replace the spear head by a nasty slashing, stabbing, spiky thing, so it's rather like a naginata but can be used to slash as well as stab. It does about 2D6 damage, and requires 7 STR (quite high enough for ducks!).

By pure coincidence (?), this looks a lot like the weapon carried by the only duck miniatures I know of on the market.

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/