RQ Slayers; duck bills

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 16:45:01 -0800

Adrian Smith

> I wanted to pick up some of those RQ Slayers they printed
> before they were pulped anybody know how to get hold of a copy.

This is the first I've heard this rumor. My guess is the project never got as far as being printed. I know it was demoed at AvalonCon (which I believe was just before the buyout was announced), but to the best of my knowledge, they weren't final draft at that point.

Jane Williams proposes the Duck Bill, a fine idea. But then she continues

> By pure coincidence (?), this looks a lot like the weapon carried by the
> only duck miniatures I know of on the market.

You live a sheltered life (either that or all the other duck figurines are no longer on the market). I've got quite a few duck miniatures without little halberds. (I wonder if my friend Ron still has some of the oldest duck minis, such as Duck Wader and Friar Duck.)