Duck minis

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 20:42:08 -0000

Since many people have asked: the figures I was thinking of are by Chariot Miniatures. They do several 8-packs of 15mm ducks for wargaming purposes. Including the crest on the helmet, they work out about 20mm tall, and fit in quite well with 25mm humans.

Poses I have seen are:

1) Duck in plate, with halberd (or Bill!)
2) Duck in plate with scimitar and shield
3) Duck in plate with sling

I'm told there are also some junior skirmisher ducklings, but haven't got them. And I really wish there was less plate armour around.

Yes, I am after duck minis, but due to the weirdness of my players, armed with two short-swords. Or possibly an Issaries duck, with quarter-staff. And without armour.

BTW, back before 1613, when there was still an organised duck presence in Sartar, I think Duck Point at least must have had an organised City Guard, mustn't it? Armed with Duck Bills, and fulfilling all the functions of police? It occurs to me that they might be known as Duck-Billed Flat-Foots (a real insult among ducks, of course!). Translating part of this title into Latin would be a very bad idea :(

The alternative Bad Idea goes right back to the Duck Wars, when the Colymar, the Lismelder, and in fact everyone and their alynx was attacking the Ducks. And losing. The ducks, in a show of extreme contempt for the humans and their furry pals, not only killed the alynxes with their halberd-like weapons (cats love water, don't they?), they also ate the non-awakened ones. The resulting dish was of course called a Duck-Billed Plate'o'Puss :)

All right, I'll shut up now.

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/