Minis

From: robertson_at_delphi.intel.com
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 14:37:28 -0800

>From: Howard Fielding <altfritz_at_adan.kingston.net>

>Has everyone checked out Wargames Foundry's new Mycenaeans?

Yep

>http://www.icenter.net/~gisby/mycen.gif

>The North Bronze Age figs are also great.

>Judging by the new Tradetalk, the Foundry's entire biblical line would do
>for the Holy Country.

>And for Dara Happa, IMHO.

While you're looking there, be sure to check out the Early and Late Roman Empires (A large number of barbarians, from the pretty-standard Gauls and ancient Britons to Dacians, Early (ca 600AD) Saxons, and Picts; good for fielding various Orlanthi Clans if you like to differentiate that way (I do). Also the Romans themselves can fit in as Lunars or Lunar auxilallies. There is a Greco-Persian War line (Hoplites, light infantry, Persian armored and unarmoured and cavalry), The Viking Saxon and Norman range (1066 era) is good for more barbarians and early knightly types for the West. There are various nice figures in other lines as well, I use Sikh irregulars and civilians from the Colonial Wars ranges, for example.

You can order packs of shields, so you can put rectangular Roman Scutae or Persian Spara on Earth-Cult types, etc, round shields on Roman Legionares, etc.

I think I'll have to update my file of Glorantha-friendly miniatures and post it, since Old Glory released over 300(!) packs of Ancient figures, Foundry has released several lines, etc.

>#101 Daka Fal Adventurer $4.50*

(etc)

Sheesh, I just picked up a coouple dozen for 50 cents (American) apiece at a con here in California (the selection wasn't great, however). Even back at RQCon SF it was only $8/10 figures (mixed), and $1/figure at one of the other RQ cons.

Know that the metal is probably discolored, a problem with the old Trollkin Forge ones (which are, after all, nearly 20 years old).

Rick meintz says:

>The second edition of my Gloranthan index, code named MiG II, is now 98%
>complete. The only section in which I still need some info is the new RQ
>miniatures section I have added. If any of you know of any miniatures
>that were made for RQ, I would most appreciate a copy of your lists.

>Here's what I know:
>The major lines of minis I have documented are by Archive, Citadel,
>Ral Partha, and Trollkin Forge. I have fairly complete lists for them,
>but there are some gaps, especially for the Archive minis.

>What I'm really looking for is a list of the miniatures made by Dragonclaw
>minis, which pretty much was only able to sell them at Convulsion 3D before
>they got their license yanked by Chaosium.

I know that I gave Greg my copy of the DC list at GloranthaCon this past May, But I know what his cabinet can be like. but I hear that Tabletop Games picked up the line and renamed the figures. You may need to infer from the names what the figure originally was (Solar Pikeman was Sundome Templar, etc).

>Any info would be most appreciated. If someone has photos of their minis
>please let me know. I'd love to include some pictures in the section.

If I can find someone with a camera (digital, preferably)...

Roderick Robertson