A case of Mistaken Email

From: Adam Betteridge <abetteridge_at_gio.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:16:51 +1000

Oops sorry about that.

I was wondering, how does mail travel in Glorantha, I imagine that the Lunars have some form of postal service as part of the Bureaucracy the sending of reports back & forth would require some sought organisation to maintain a service of this kind.

In the west I imagine there would be a post system run by the Loskalmi for fast communication within the nation & Royal Couriers traveling to other nations. Ralios probably has half a dozen Courier companies in each of the various states all competing with each other (something like gang warfare). Something like this could make for an interesting game, ambushing couriers from one company & protecting your own companies interests.

I imagine with Orlanthi society, mail would travel fast when needed by magical means a Priest can contact someone on the otherside of the country quickly. Initiates of Herald Goodvoice can travel pretty much without threat through the tribes & as such spread word of what is hapening locally.

Praxians have smoke signals, though I imagine each tribe would have a different code of signals. Also the various tribal Shamans would have some way of using spirits to carry messages to each other.

Kralorela I imagine would have the closest mail system to modern day mail, with a post office in most town/ villages. A Postmandarin General, etc.

Not sure about Pamaltela or the inhuman societies although I imagine the dwarves have some system to make sure that all is going to schedule.

Any Comments?.