Re: Political Leaders/Newt

From: Peter Linton Tracy <937058_at_bud.cc.swin.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 17:46:20 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, The Glorantha Digest wrote: Keith Nellist

> danm mentions:
> << oh, and since we are on the topic of ducks, has anyone noted the mounting
> evidence that the american president is actually a durulz? (smokes cigars,
> named "Bill"...) and he's even a "lame duck" to boot... the mind boggles. >>
>
> Also note that Bill is a treacherous Duck who doesn't inhale; surely this is
> against Orlanthi doctrine?
>
> What about 'newt Gingrich? Are Spin Doctors a type of Lunar Magician?

My personal take on Newt is a little different.

Dear Lord Redlan,

The latest newtling leader on the Creekstream River is an individual by the name **NEWT GRINGITCH** (so named from the horrific scarring of his mouth from his Dragonnewt slave days). Gringitch is a savage and disturbed Newtling, a great orator from his translator training, but a sick and powerhungry individual, with no moral restraint at all. He seems perfect for our purposes.

Gringitch has managed to rally the normally quiet Newtlings, forming a quasi-military personality cult around himself. He has managed to overthrow the Durulz dominance of the river (aided by our outlawing the treacherous Ducks), controling river traffic and trade. He has named his base Newttown, build over the ruins of the ancient Voss Varianu, it is strangely Draconic in appearance, speaking of hidden secrets at his disposal. I suggest we approach him with offers of alliance so we can gain access to the River and possibly to the ruins under Newttown itself. The EWF treasures hidden within are possibly the greatest of all this Goddess forsaken Sartar can offer.

Yours in servitude.

Juror Furlearned

Peter T