Re: Gnosticism

From: Morgan Conrad <mpc_at_coastside.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:55:37 -0800

Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com> writes:

>Subject: Gnosticism
>
>Alex :
>
>>This has probably been done to death many times before, but, here
>goes...
>>
>>Who are the Gnostics of Glorantha?
>
>It depends on whether you mean in terms of doctrine, or organisation and
>methods. I'd bet on the Arkatis cults of Ralios. They are a fragmented
>group of cults that each teaches 'secret knowledge' to it's initiates
>and believes in personal religious experience over dogma.

Reasonable call. I'd also suggest some of the more obscure Lunar sects, such as Teelo Noori and She Who Waits (maybe even Jakaleel depending on how you see her). After all, nobody knows what secrets they teach, and the Lunars have a touch of dualism, plus reverence for the female. As Simon comments, it depends on what aspects of Gnosticism you want to emphasize.

Morgan Conrad