Postal systems

From: Ian Gorlick <Ian.Gorlick.igorlick_at_nt.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:30:31 -0500

I'm trying to remember when the first international postal system was set up. It was run by a prominent European noble family, I believe the company was called something like "Sturn and Taxis" and it survived a couple of centuries until Napoleon when it was eliminated. I believe it started up in the 1500s. So it is more of a Renaissance phenomenon than a medieval one.

Some models for Ralios do look to be post-medieval, so maybe a postal system would be an appropriate idea.

To make it more Gloranthan, it could be given some religious structure. Perhaps it is a special branch of Issaries, in his Communications aspect.