Re: Yelamlian Quests & Rituals

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 01:05:51 GMT

Alan Keith Dugger would:
> like some ideas for some Yelamlian quests.

> The Hill of Gold is, for the moment, way beyond the PC's capabilities.

One should bear in mind that (almost?) all quests can be performed at numerous different "levels". Indeed, Yelamlian initiation rituals, and ceremonies for granting of Gifts, are (IMAO) versions of this "HQ".

> The only two quests which occur to me are Yelmalio's deeds
> amongst the aldrymi during the darkness and the taming of horses. (The
> "Three Blows of Anger" from Cults of Prax might be appropriate later on.)

All of these would work, I think. The key question is, what occurs in the character's life that necessitates (or allows) such quests?

In the most general terms:

Facing up to adversity: HoG
Taking revenge/exacting justice: Three Blows of Anger

etc. I know this still leaves a lot of unanswered questions about the "model" forms of these quests, but in any event this would have to be adapted to the specific circumstances of the Questor.

Hope that helps a little.

Slan,
Alex.