Greg's message from the Web page.

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 21:11:19 GMT

Experts Panels Created

I have always been a bit distressed at being an information bottleneck about Glorantha. I can only answer so many questions and carry on so many discussions and still get some work done each day. To begin to break that bottleneck, I have named several panels of experts to help bear the load for Issaries.

Their jobs are primarily three: to help sort information, and to help approve submissions, and to expand discussions. They are not going to be authoring scenarios, nor are they making the final decisions on their own. The purpose of the Expert Panels is to be a communication hub, and to help keep track of things already determined.

Sorting
The experts are to sort through the voluminous materials which have been written by people, plus a load of unpublished and unfinished material by me, and help sort it out to be in a form which we can share with others. They have been assigned generally by geographic region, though not always. Their results will be made available in three different ways. 1. A FAQ will be assembled for each of the regions. The Monthly Q&A will be expanded, with these experts fielding answers from anyone, and having the answers put online. 2. Online Synopses will be made.
Irregular but periodic synopses will be put up to present the information discussed by the groups. The first of these are being assembled and ought to be available soon. 3. A Writer's Bible will be assembled for contributors. Issaries is going to need many new authors for Hero Wars projects. Hero Wars is not going to constrain itself to the parts of Glorantha that are already known, and those areas will have to be analyzed and presented to the authors.

Approving
We feel it is critical to maintain the internal consistency of Glorantha. To help to oversee the process, which is likely to be large, these expert panels will be utilized as fact checkers. <p>

Expand Discussions
Issaries has several specific agendas which it needs to pursue in the compilation of information. The Expert groups have the job of discussing those specific agendas among themselves and sorting the data, with me as available consultant on undetermined matters. Some of these are things which I have asked to Experts to sort out from material already done and available by other authors or fans, and others are questions which they have for me.

Furthermore, the Experts and their panels are empowered and encouraged to discuss some of the newer issues with others in an open format, like the Glorantha Digest.

The Experts
Here are the individuals chosen. Each of these is to be considered the resident expert in the subject. The people were chosen because they have exhibited a knowledge of the particular subject, a flexibility in their outlook, creative skills, a range of knowledge on related subjects, and availability to do the task.

Fronela: Peter Metcalfe
Koralorela and Vormain: Alex Ferguson
East Isles: Nils Weinander
Lunar Empire: Martin Laurie
Orlanthi: Jeff Richard
Praxians: Scott Schneider
Ralios and Umathela: David Dunham
Skies: Steve Martin
Saird: Harald Smith
Uz: James Frusetta
War: Roderick Robertson

Other experts will be named as the need arises

If you have any specific questions on any of these topics, please e-mail them to the glorantha-digest as usual. There can be more discussion that way and the experts are all listening.

Term of Office
I have asked people to do this for a 12-month period. At that time everyone wil be thanks and dismissed from the job. A new set of Experts will be chosen, or reappointed.

Are you One?
Are you an expert in a region of Glorantha? Please feel free to drop some information to glorantha-writers_at_chaosium.com about your area of expertise. Include references to the material you have worked on and had published, etc.

WHAT ABOUT AUTHORS?
Authors are the people who will write material for publication by Issaries, Inc. We expect that the previously published Gloranthan authors will contribute to Hero Wars when it is time to do so. Some Experts have a distinct possibility to also be authors Issaries is going to need many authors. The current stable of experienced people are not going to be numerous enough to fill all the slots we need filled. Issaries is seeking professional writers who can learn about Glorantha, as well as amatuer writers who have knowledge about Glorantha and wish to undertake the perilous and tedious task of getting published. Please feel free to drop some information to gloranthawriters _at_chaosium.com about your area of expertise. Include references to the material you have worked on and had published, etc.