Re: Red Blue Black White Moons

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 21:58:46 GMT

Keith on Moons:
> Blue seems to be Invisible/Tides/Secrecy

Most especially, Incarnation. The colour of newborn babies (under all that blood) and of corpses.

> Black insanity, Shadow

Shadow is allegedly a Nathic association, just to confuse matters. (Depending in what sense you mean "Shadow".)

> Red Chaos, Empire (red is the colour of sovereignty in the
> Harmonius Realm)

Yeah, and rulership is a Verithurusan thing. (And Chaos, Natha?)

> White Peace, (Wisdom in the Harmonius Realm)>>

Trotsky, replying:
> And I'd replace 'insanity' with 'suffering' for the Black Moon - not
> that it isn't associated with insanity, just that the Red and Blue
> moons are too...

Yeah, but one of the Black Moons is Rashorana, Illumination, perilously close to Madness in many's books.

> << This leaves Green (strength) and Yellow (insight) moons yet to be
> discovered?>>

> I am aware of no mythic or other justification for moons of these
> colours, unless you want to count planets like Lightfore.

I believe Orogeria has been sometimes characterised as the "Green Moon", though it seems to be that currently she's the Ascending Blue one, at least in the main.

Slainte,
Alex.