DunDraCon Heroes

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:21:45 -0800

To All:

Issaries, Inc. is seeking 5 people to run sessions of the new Gloranthan role-playing game, Hero Wars, at Dundracon XXIII, to be held February 12-15, 1999. Dundracon is held at the San Ramon Marriott (in San Ramon, CA). In return for running these "demonstration" games referees will receive free admission to the convention, as well as one priority registration in any other game scheduled by the convention.

We are asking that each referee run two games of 4 hours each. Most sessions are on Saturday or Sunday (starting at 8:00 am, 12:00 noon, 4:00 pm, and 8:00 pm), with an additional session Monday morning. We expect that 6 players will participate in each game; referees are free to allow additional players depending on experience and demand.

A draft of the Hero Wars rules will be provided to each referee in December of this year, and additional materials (scenario, etc.) will be provided closer to the convention date.

In addition to running their two games, referees will need to be available the first night of the convention (Friday the 12th) from 8:00 pm until midnight, to watch the first game being run. Additionally, one or more sessions may be scheduled before the convention, to give the referees enough familiarity with the game system to effectively run games at the convention. Therefore, Issaries, Inc. is primarily interested in individuals who reside within the San Francisco Bay Area. However, other interested parties should let us know, as we are seeking 1 or 2 alternates, in case one of the scheduled referees becomes unable to attend the convention.

If you are interested in running a game for Issaries, Inc. (and in getting an advance look at the Hero Wars rules), please email Stephen Martin at the address listed below. When replying, please include your name, mailing address, email address, and a daytime phone number if you have one available.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, and we look forward to seeing you all at Dundracon XXIII!

Stephen Martin
glorantha_at_hotmail.com