Return of the Dreaded Compass Debate (Not)

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 18:28:50 EST

Robin Mitra:

<< BTW, what about carrier pigeons. I am not sure but I think they are using
the magnetic field for orientation.>>

      I believe landmarks help, although the magnetic field is a factor.

<< Is their any in Glorantha?>>

      I refuse to get into the compass debate again (those of you who have joined the Digest within the last couple of years can be thankful you don't know what I'm talking about), but I don't see why Gloranthan pigeons couldn't use something else instead. Magical fields pointing towards Magasta's Pool or some such.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky