Postal systems

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:11:53 +0000

Ian Gorlick :

>Some models for Ralios do look to be post-medieval, so maybe a postal
system
>would be an appropriate idea.

Perhaps, I'm open to persuasion on this.

>To make it more Gloranthan, it could be given some religious structure.

>Perhaps it is a special branch of Issaries, in his Communications
aspect.

Issaries is not directly worshiped in Ralios, which is largely Malkioni. He is revered as a siant, but probably doesn't have an independent cult or church structure. Handara is a possible ewxception.

Adam Betteridge :

>What are you using as the historical model for Ralios, we have been
using
>a mix of late Medieval/ early renaissance Germany/Northern Italy.
Would be
>interested in what other people have as theirs.

I tend tpo think of it as being earlier than that - 13th century, but with a Renaisance gloss over the upper echelons of society. Note that the area we are talking about is quite small, around lake safelster. Large swathes of ralios are barbarian kingdoms and wilderness.

Still, you're quite right. The historical model you use is largely up to you and should determine roughly how social and economic institutions are organised. An ideal source of gameable material for Ralios is avaliable in the form of Warhammer FRP supplements, currently being republished (in improved form) by Hogshead Publishing.

Simon Hibbs