Issaries in Ralios

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 98 21:53 MET

Simon Hibbs quotes
Ian Gorlick on postal system:
>> Perhaps it is a special branch of Issaries, in his Communications >> aspect.

> Issaries is not directly worshiped in Ralios, which is largely > Malkioni.

Issaries is one the gods most worshipped by Malkioni, or at least the Henotheists (which are plenty in Safelster). Issaries worship is worldly enough in nature, so that the omission of "Saint" won't change anything drastic.

Remember that the Trader Princes of Wenelia are Malkioni from Ralios who do worship Issaries.

> He is revered as a saint, but probably doesn't have an independent
> cult or church structure. Handra is a possible exception.

There must be more, or at least must have been before Bailifes rolled over Safelster, because the Trader Princes didn't come out of nowhere.

> Adam Betteridge :

>>What are you using as the historical model for Ralios,  we have been
>>using a mix of late Medieval/ early renaissance Germany/Northern
>>Italy. Would be interested in what other people have as theirs.

> I tend tpo think of it as being earlier than that - 13th century, but
> with a Renaisance gloss over the upper echelons of society. Note that
> the area we are talking about is quite small, around lake safelster.

Also quite populous, and the lake is fairly large.

Another fairly useful model for Ralios would be Apulia and Sicilia under Frederic II of Hohenstauffen, especially because that era is about religious differences and reconciliations as well.