Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #329

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 23:02:29 GMT

Kmnellist_at_aol.com says the following are 'Not Welcome Aboard'
> Disease Masters,(obviously)
> Krarshtkids (even more obviously)
> Dark Elves (mouldy sea rations)

Oh keep them in the bilges and they'll be perfectly happy.

> Sailors who fumble their Open Seas Ritual

I wonder.... If anyone survived this then yes they would be unwelcome wherever their name was known.

> Dark Trolls (too dangerous, might eat sailors)
> Trollkin (too dangerous, might eat the ship)

Put them in the bilges and they will keep the rats and Dark Elves under control.

> Broos and any other Chaos monstrosity
> Giants (too big, won't obey the captain)
> Shamen (Open Seas is too technical for them, weirdos)
> Gagarthi (bad wind in a cramped hold is a bad thing)

Ahh! A good point. Possible prejudice against Uroxi too....

> Lunars (call me old fashioned, but these landlubbers probably upset the tides)
> Mostali (they get terrible seasickness)

No, that one is just plain wrong. High CON and their own concrete flotilla argue against this.

While John Patrick Hughes <nysalor_at_yahoo.com> says:

> >Are there groups of people that the sailors of Glorantha regard as
> >unlucky to have aboard?
>
> Apart from Wolf Pirates, you mean? :)

Smart-arse! Hmm, a thought: it's too subtle for Harrek's merry men but I'll bet that the Vadeli like to sneak people aboard ships they plan to intercept...

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.