Hunting heads

From: Thomas Gottschall <Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 21:53:03 +0100

Hi everyone,

> > We also know the Lunar army uses standards (well I think others do this
> > as well, maybe also the Orlanthi). But to inspire fear in the enemy what
> > would be more terrible than one crafted from a dead hero.

Nick :

> How is this more "evil" than Orlanthi head-hunting?

"How can you call head-hunting evil ? This is traditional and orthodox but not evil. Some of us take pride in keeping trophies, like Lunar heads and stuff. But we won't do evil rituals with them. We just show them to our relatives and friends. We don't use them to frighten you or something. Indeed this would be rather foolish in the case of my cousin who owns 23 heads (family heirloom). How do you think should he carry them to battle ? With a cart ? Be assured there is nothing evil about head-hunting." Artogg, the Headhunter, Varmand clan

And now a bit seriously : I really believe that Lunars and Orlanthi do this standard stuff. Imagine standing infront of the battalion who killed the Red Emperor and whose head is on a pike and below is a blue flag with the signs of storm and death. Would you charge if they even got the Red Emperor ?

Enchanted Forest : http://home.pages.de/~Enchanted.Forest/

"Dance on their graves, dig up their dead, steal them the bones and bring them to me !" Blood-in-his-eyes, Tergavi of the Bloodfurs