Asrelia

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 16:27:09 EST

Jane:

<< Asrelia. Who was her mother? Did she have sisters? (I know who I think her mother was, and I know of at least one sister, but I'd be interested to hear your version).>>

     According to Wyrm's Footprints, Asrelia's mother was Gata, who in turn is the daughter of the Primal Earth. This was the approach I used in my (largely unoriginal but at least collected in one place) Asrelia cult write-up for my website. However, I have no trouble believing that different groups of people have different myths for Asrelia's ancestry, and the one you used in the Convulsion 4 Anthology seems perfectly reasonable to me.

     However, mention of her sister raises an interesting point. There seems a strong tendency for Earth deities to come in threes; we have Ernalda, Esra and Maran Gor, and Dendara, Oria and Gorgorma. It seems to me we're missing a Crone and a Virgin from the Orlanthi list. So, Jeff, do Asrelia and Ty Kora Tek have a third sister, and likewise for Voria and Babeester Gor? If so, who are they?

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky

 Alan asked about the connections between Yelmalio and Vrimack. I  don't know of any further myself, but wonder if the Three Feathered  Rivals could be linked in here?

 Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk  http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/