Orlanthi Questions

From: Richard Ohlson <richo_at_epix.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 13:01:24 -0500

Ok, so you opened the bucket of worms.... ;-)

In practical, gameplay terms, how does the fall of Sartar affect Orlanthi worship all over Glorantha? The Lunar Empire claims a great victory and the defeat of Orlanth, but how difficult is it to find a Storm Voice for the HHD, how does it affect the availability of spells offered by the cult, and how does it affect the actual results of Orlanthi spells?

I also had a question about Eurmal in Orlanthi society. If a trickster has to "voluntarily become an outcast" does that mean they have to tell everybody that they are in fact a trickster? I've played in campaigns where the tricksters hid their cult allegience, and even joined other cults. Should this be allowed? Is there any reason why a village shouldn't just lynch a PC trickster? Is there any reason why PC's should even try and defend their trickster-companion?

Finally, does anybody have any good (or bad) Orlanthi jokes? You know, "Orlanth, Humakt, and Eurmal entered a bar..." kinda stuff.

Rich

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #334