Re: Henotheism

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 16:55:58 EST

David Dunham (among others):

<< Trotsky stated

> If the Henotheists *do* directly worship Issaries, or any other
>gods for
> that matter, alongside the Invisible God (and I'm not necessarily saying
they
> don't) then they aren't in fact henotheists, which would be a tad
>confusing...

 henotheism: belief in or worship of one god without denying the existence  of others>>

     Ah. My dictionary specifies that you have to worship one god *only*, whilst still believing in others (could be its wrong, or misleading). You wouldn't necessarily think its bad for foreigners to worship the others, mind you. Ergo, if the Henotheists are henotheists (which they might not be :-)) they don't actually worship those other gods. I imagine they don't worship them in much the same way that Catholics don't worship saints or the Virgin Mary.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky