Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #336

From: Richard Ohlson <richo_at_epix.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 01:00:12 -0500

Jane sez:

> Any suggestions, advice, thoughts on the wording of the
> Bondsman's Oath, etc? In particular, how much use will it be for a
> newly initiated 15-year-old to have the twit Bonded if a Sword of
> Humakt wants the Trickster dead?

Trickster: In return for protection, I willingly serve. Orlanthi: In return for service, I willingly protect.

(heh, that'd be the short form, which can be administered while dangling over a deep precipice, or as the lynch mob slips the noose around his neck...)

Well, if the Sword of Humakt really wants him dead, he will have to deal with the fact that a 15 year old "protector" is challenging him to a duel. If the Humakti doesn't mind whacking an Orlanthi to get to the trickster, then no problem.

If, on the other hand, the "Protector" is somebody (or the son of somebody) important, than it might be a problem. Heck, the clan may want to bring the issue to the attention of the clan chief or some other pseudo-legal battle. Hm, since it might be tacktless for a Sword to threaten to whack a fifteen year old kid, he MIGHT lean on a newly initated Humakti and get HIM to do the threatening and swaggering. Could be interesting, have the kids fight it out, maybe even to the death...