Mostali at sea again

From: Erik Sieurin <sieurin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 04:16:05 -0800 (PST)

Keith Nellist:
> Erik, have you run any
> adventures for the brave Captain of the Mostali Submersible and his
crew?
> Plenty of movies as inspiration. I can almost imagine a whole
campaign.

No, I haven't. He just appeared in my fevered imagination when I tried to think of what the Mostali actually _do_ to maintain and repair the Machine.
(I'm a Mostali-lover. Yes, it's awful, issnit?) And one inspiration was the contributor to this list - his name I have unfortuneately forgotten - who mentioned a dwarven pirate crew which had appeared in _his_ campaign, as I understand as PC's. They sounded like a lot of fun, and I'm sure that there are dwarven pirates. (Not that they would define what they do as 'piracy', but others might.)

David Dunham:
I believe the Dwarf Floating Castle is made of concrete (not just clad). My
college's Civil Engineering department participated in an annual Concrete
Canoe Race; these were made of concrete (with metal, like the mostali ship). Steel isn't particularly buoyant, but modern ships float just fine.

I believe the same, actually; I was just trying to make a (lame?) joke on the word 'ironclad'.

==
'The Owl and the Pussycat went to sea,
In a beautiful, pea-green boat...'
>From 'The Owl and the Pussycat' by Edward Lear
Erik Sieurin
Did you think I would reveal things about myself in this .sig? HA!
sieurin_at_yahoo.com

DO YOU YAHOO!?