Polynesian/Eastern Isles navigation

From: Davison Nick <N.A.P.Davison_at_greenwich.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:06:30 GMT

I'd also recommend the fictional Navigator Kings trilogy by Garry Kilworth who uses Polynesian mythology to great effect.

The three books are, The Roof of the Voyaging, Princely Flower and Land of Mists.

The means of navigation is that previously mentioned by Simon Bray eg using natural phenomena. This is recorded in a form of knot writing.

There are all kind of other Gloranthan elements including a shark god, god of mists/fog, a trickster god, sorcery, cannibalism, etc.
>From memory I think there is even a god of molluscs.

Nick

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #338