Re: Duck Tricksters

From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 16:25:09 -0600 (CST)

Jane wrote:

>Once the Truth comes to light (and it will), I think that Sword is going
>to be rather annoyed. This is where I have my very pious PC primed to
>apply a Bondsmans Oath a second or so before the Trickster dies.
>(The rest of the players know nothing). I think you're right that the
>Sword will hesitate before slaughtering a fifteen-year-old, especially
>the Orlanth priest's prize pupil.

The reason that a chieften can protect a trickster is that he has both the moral authority any phyiscal ability to enforce his rules. A 15 year old has neither.

If I was playing the humakti I'd just waste the trickster. Probably just walk by the other player and kill the trickster. When honor is one of the most funamental things that an orlanthi, much less a sword, is supposed to have you cannot allow anyone to play those sorts of games.

As the other PC is assisting the trickster in besmirching the sword's honor I would not feel that humiliating the PC by demonstationg how worthless his protection really is would be out of line.

And what is the worst that could happen to the sword in response? He gets killed? Every day is a fine day to die when you are a Humakti.

Kevin